About Me

My photo
I have always had a love of art and all things creative. It all started sitting at my Mom's elbow, watching and following along as she took an at home art course. I was hooked! I majored in art in high school and for the most part am self taught. I came across my newest passion, Zentangle, about 5 years ago. This wonderful art form grabbed me and will not let go and I can honestly say it never will. My goal is to become a CZT, Certified Zentangle Teacher, and share this love with everyone. I currently work two jobs, one at a local florist and the other, a paint your own pottery studio. Both jobs allow the creative monkey on my back to run amuck and boy does she have a ball! I live in a small village in Ohio with Doug, my very understanding, very handsome husband of 30 years, and our two, four-legged little hairy kids, Bear and Molly. As for the name Tangledbirdie...my sister gave me the nickname Birdie some years back. The tangled part came in when I discovered Zentangle. There you have it!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Hello and welcome to Tangledbirdie Art!


                                                                                                                          April 1, 2013

     This is my first foray into the world of blogging so it should be pretty interesting
to say the least. My hope is to share my love of the art form of Zentangle. This wonderful gift was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. To check out Zentangle, go to the official website, www.zentangle.com. I think, no...I know you will pleasantly surprised.


     My goal is to become a CZT, Certified Zentangle Teacher when I attend their October CZT seminar in Rhode Island. I am too excited and while we are struggling to get into spring here in Ohio, October can't get here soon enough! I am a patient soul, so I will bide my time.

     I hope that as the days go by, I find interesting tid-bits and other gobbledee gook to post that will amuse you and maybe make you go ah-ha, or just shake your head and say to yourself, "Good grief"! Either way, it will be an education for both of us.

     Time to tangle a while before shutting down for the night. So...go draw something!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment